What do travellers really think about Sustainable Hotels?
- 83% of global travellers think sustainable travel is vital.
- 73% of travellers would be more likely to choose an accommodation that has implemented sustainability practices.
- 53% admitted getting annoyed if somewhere they are staying stops them from being sustainable, for example by not providing recycling facilities.
(Source: Booking.com Sustainability Report 2021)
Travellers have become more knowledgeable and concerned about their environmental footprint, with many finding it difficult to find eco-friendly accommodation.
The demand of travellers is driving hotels to adopt sustainable practices and embed them into their operations. With the changing consumer profile, upholding environmental sustainability is essential for businesses to achieve growth, attract new clients, and satisfy their customers.
It’s not an easy feat, but there is so much that can and should be done:
- Energy conservation
- Eco-friendly amenities
- Waste reduction, efficiency, and recycling
- Promoting sustainable means of transportation
- Choosing cleaning products that have a minimum impact on the environment
- Shopping local for your hotel restaurants
- Encouraging guests to make sustainable decisions
- Promoting ecotourism
- Water conservation
- Operational changes
Even if your hotel has started to cover the basics, actively communicate this on your website, social media channels, and email marketing platforms – your guests need to know that you take action about the things they care about.
Kuishi is on a mission to help transform sustainability practices in the hospitality sector. Using our customisable soap dispensers and bottle holders, this solution is helping hotels.