Thimba Traditional African Mud Cloth Pillow Cover
The shapes and colour have a special meaning and are open to interpretation. These African mud cloth pillows are made from thin strips of pure cotton, which are hand-dyed and sewn together using traditional methods. The rough cloth is soaked in leaves, and clay is drawn on fabric to create patterns. This natural process is exceptionally beautiful and can take up to a week to complete.
Out of stock
– Hand dyed in strips and sewn using traditional methods.
– Natural dying process using leaves and clay.
– Made from scratch by hand from 100% cotton.
– The symbols, patterns and colours are open to interpretation and often contain African proverbs and hidden meanings
– Please note as these are handmade there will be imperfections.