[vc_row][vc_column][vc_column_text]Keeping a natural fresh smelling home has so many benefits on your health and well being. I find its a great way to de-stress having a calming atmosphere throughout the home using you sense of smell! Many room scenters are full of chemical and can intoxicate the air in your home. Here are some tips to keep a naturally fresh home![/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row][vc_row][vc_column][vc_column_text]
Make your own Potpourri
Making your own potpourri is simple but can but a little time consuming but very rewarding. Use dried herbs, flowers, fruit peel. orange slices, and other natural materials of your choice to create your own blend! If you pick fresh and need to dry them out, I recommend putting them in the oven on a very low setting until dry then put them to dry out somewhere like an airing cupboard for a few days.
Keep Air purifying plants in your home
Considering the amount of time we spend in our homes, keeping any of these plants will not only look great but will help purify the air you breath.
- Grown your own mini herb garden in the kitchen! Not only you will be making your own ingredients to cook with but the kitchen will be infused with the lovely smell of the herbs you chose to grow!
- Open the windows daily! So simple but so effective. Letting in natural air always does the trick when you want you home to be fresh and light.
- Lighting natural candle. Buying beeswax candles are great as beeswax purifies the air as its burned.
- Burning intense can give you home a lovely aroma, I use natural subtle scents including rose, lotus and jasmine. As I find these scents to not be to powerful, but give a sweet scent around the house.
- Using an oil diffuser with your favourite essential oil. I burn my diffuser in the bathroom with lavender oil when getting ready for bed to set a relaxing, soothing atmosphere.